News

Star-studded field announced for 2026 Nedbank Golf Challenge in honour of Gary Player

Justin Rose, Bryson DeChambeau, defending champion Kristoffer Reitan, Casey Jarvis and Marco Penge have been announced as the first five players in a star-studded field for the 2026 Nedbank Golf Challenge in honour of Gary Player.

The first five stars of this iconic DP World Tour event, to be played from 3-6 December 2026 at the Gary Player Country Club, and the most significant course changes in the tournament’s history were announced at Sun City today.

England’s Rose, the highest ranked at 12 in the world, returns to a tournament where he finished second in 2007 and amidst a year in which he won on the PGA TOUR, challenged for The Masters and finished in the top 11 in three of the four Majors.

I’m pleased to be able to add the Nedbank Golf Challenge to my schedule this year. I’m excited to get back to South Africa – where I have so many family and friends – for what is always a fantastic event in a stunning location.
I know the tournament has such supportive partners in Nedbank and Sun International and it’s even more special that it’s held in honour of Mr Player, so I’m very much looking forward to getting back to ‘Africa’s Major’ in December, said Rose.

American DeChambeau will make his debut in “Africa’s Major” and is seeking a unique personal record in this event.

South Africa has given so much to the game of golf, and so has Mr Player. Gary Player is such a force for good and that inspires me. It’s an honour for me to play in South Africa again, a country I really enjoy. I’ve been privileged to have won Jack Nicklaus’s tournament (The Memorial) and Arnold Palmer’s tournament (the Arnold Palmer Invitational), and now I want to win Gary Player’s tournament and I can’t wait to play in the Nedbank Golf Challenge, said DeChambeau.

Reitan will be back as part of his quest to become the eighth player in history to successfully defend his title after winning by a single shot last year.

Winning the Nedbank Golf Challenge last year was an incredible feeling. Sunday was a little nervy at times, but I was proud of the way I kept going to get the job done and round off what was an amazing week. My thanks go to Nedbank, Sun International, and Mr Player for helping to create such a memorable event, and I can’t wait to get back to Gary Player Country Club to defend my title this December, Reitan said.

The two Major champions and Ryder Cup stars and the defending champion headline a strong opening group of players for the 44th edition of the Nedbank Golf Challenge in honour of Gary Player.

South Africa’s Jarvis makes his debut as one of the rising young stars in the game following back-to-back victories on the DP World Tour, making him the joint youngest winner on the Tour so far this season. The 23-year-old heads to Sun City following a career-high tied sixth in The Open at Royal Birkdale this year.

Penge will make his second appearance at the Nedbank Golf Challenge following his debut at Sun City last December, which came at the end of a year in which he triumphed three times on the DP World Tour, earned dual membership on the PGA TOUR, and was named winner of The Seve Ballesteros Players’ Player of the Year Award for 2025.

Download the

Nedbank Golf Challenge App

Nedbank Golf Challenge App